Brian J. Kramer, CFLS     (Ph) 424.228.4133 (Fax) 310.751.6613

Q:  How can a party obtain a modification of a child custody and visitation order?


A:  Custody and visitation orders are based on circumstances at the point of the dissolution of marriage. The goal is to establish a schedule that is in the best interests of the children, while giving both parents an appropriate level of parental access. However, circumstances can and do change over time, and if those changes are substantial, there may be grounds to modify custody and visitation orders. One of the most common situations that may result in modification of custody is when one parent moves or relocates (often called a “move-away“).


Brian Kramer is experienced in litigating cases where modification of custody orders comes into play including move away orders, and he has the experience to handle the most complex of modification situations, including interstate move away cases.



12100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800 | Los Angeles, California 90025; Phone: (424) 228-4133

Copyright © 2016 Brian J. Kramer, P.C.